Tuesday, March 24, 2009

and on a different note.....

Ok, so I think I'm done with posting recipes for today. I'll hopefully keep this up over time, and get my whole repertoire on here.

This is, however, not just about recipes. This is about my entire lifestyle, which I think is an important part of who I am. I'll be tossing little various nuggets of information on here from time to time, so you'll get a better all around feel of how "crunchy" or "hippie" I really am. I think I've been spoiled with my friends- so many of us are on the same page of things in different ways, so when we get together, alot of our conversations revolve around this thing. Heather, Patricia and I were joking about it the other day- we were talking about alternative everythings, and laughing about how we have changed. The things that I will be writing about are things that are tested and proven, and dearly loved by myself and my friends.

Today, I leave you with....dun dun dun..... The Diva Cup!! *giggles as everyone runs*

Yes, I'm into alternative, "save the environment and your health" type of things. This, however, is not just a "save the environment" thing. The Diva Cup has many, many, many benefits, as my friends will loudly testify! :)

What is the Diva? Thought you'd never ask. It is an alternative menstrual product. No, don't run. It's really not that scary! I'll start you off with a benign image.
I know it looks somewhat scary, but believe me, it's not, and it is amazing!! It has completely changed the way that I (and my friends) think about "that time of the month".
I'll list a few of the benefits:
- Comfortable beyond belief- you literally forget that it's there!
- Incredibly good for the environment. No more flushing tampons, pads, and filling up the landfills.
- Money saving. At the most, it costs around $40, but can be acquired for much less. Considering that it can last for quite a few years, the financial savings are substantial.
- No mess or unpleasant smells- you can quite literally forget that it's that time of the month!
.....and the list goes on and on.

My friends and I marvel among ourselves that we had never heard of this before. It has completely revolutionized our lives, and we can't sing its praises loudly enough. This kind of thing basically advertises soley by word of mouth, so I thought I'd use this as a place to advertise a bit. :) If you want to know more, feel free to ask me, or any one of my fellow diva users. :)

6 comments:

  1. LOL! ;) Not everything is going to be recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog! Bravo.

    I too LOVE my Diva Cup! I had a Keeper for several years and thought it was pretty good but the Diva is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Noreen!
    Yup...the Diva definitely is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO oh you and your Diva Cup peddling! hahaha You crack me up woman!

    ReplyDelete